Wednesday, April 04, 2007

mein kopf explodiert

a torrent of information. last week felt like alot, but with its measly 60 appellations and only 2 or 3 soil types, bordeaux was a cake-walk compared to burgundy, with 600+ of the former and so very many of the latter. again we ran 45 minutes over. do the brits speak so quickly they actually finish these classes in 2 hours? i don't believe it. it's just fact after fact after fact. no joking around, no digressions, no opining on producers or history. athough fun little (albeit required) detour into napolean successfully carving up burgundy but bordeaux telling him to fuck off.

truly i couldn't get outside fast enough. my brain was bursting!
raced to meet the editor, who was true to character with much chipper chit-chat. i begged exploding head. he relaxed and was happy to let me spill out some facts since he has a fondness for all things francaise. phew. the time out and the tempranillo helped me calm down.

so far most of this is stored in a disorganized fashion in my memory nooks and crannies, so it's good to be sorting it. france is strong for me, but once we get to regions i don't really know -- oh la la. i'm dreading germany and i know the exam places significant emphasis on it. ach bruder!

it's making me happy though. it's the most challenged my brain has been for a long time.


No comments: