Friday, April 27, 2007

the bible told me so

two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. for if they fall, one will lift up the other; but woe to one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help. again, if two lie together, they keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone?

~~ecclesiastes



we left the restaurant and it was raining quite heavily. he opened up his giant umbrella, pulled me close and we walked home, entwined. he drifts off embracing me. during those gray early moments of not-yet-morning he reaches for me and though asleep, takes me in. that tender contact is so comforting in its genuineness.

it's so easy to accept it in that context. yet i have so much trouble with it elsewhere. and still i feel alone. i don't *feel* like a couple. or part of one. or part of this one.

ack.

No comments: