Tuesday, February 13, 2007

tiny dancer

the board which was the shared forum for the g.c. and me had more than its share of smart cookies. ok, plenty of dummies too, and lots of folks with whom i disagreed. but a handful that "got it", and really made me think. i was always especially grateful for the sharp thinking outside my own head. it was a support network for some very thorny questions, and an outlet for my writing.

for months after the rent, i searched the web for stimulating fora. quelle surprise, much like real-life, perhaps even moreso, the internet is full of folks who shouldn't be allowed access to a keyboard, never mind the world wide web. food, wine, travel, books, writing... no matter my interest, i grew quickly bored with the generally remedial level of discourse.

the siren song of it called me back, and i dared to log on. i remain afraid of the spying crazy eye. as i suspected, she's still watching, and was on there recently. i will not post anything too specifically personal. yet i was missed by some very savvy insightful folks, whose brains i like. i missed them too. who has friends with whom you can discuss this stuff? while i tip-toe through relationship switzerland and kyoto re: the editor, i will keep the high road of discretion, but give myself a writing loophole.

the music remains at a low volume, and i realize i still am only taking the smallest of steps whilst reclaiming myself.

No comments: