Sunday, November 26, 2006

one down...

nobody will understand this.

even though we never spent a holiday together, i always felt like the g.c. was very much a part of my holiday cheer. i often saw him the day before, or the day after, and knew that i was in his thoughts, even if not in his arms.

with his recent "elvis has left the building" act, i spun pretty far out the night before
thanksgiving. i had promised to cook some things for the dinner i was attending, but once those were out of the way, i found myself keening around the place, aimlessly back and forth. sobbing. it's the most i've cried in a long time. slave cone of silence. locked down. so nobody could hear me either.

other than the hideous puffy eyes and swollen face, i sailed through the feast. it was a low-key affair, and no need for any kind of pc shroud on the talk, so it was fun. i also now know i never need to bother with the cumbersome nonsense of brining a turkey. all year, i look forward to crispy skin! ack.

friday post found me feeling strangely empty and brittle. my spirits are better today. no blood-sucking holiday hordes nipping at my heels
makes the day a brighter place, for sure!

i'll go back to them eventually. but no rush. i like resting my bones and my mind.

one to go. there will be no presents. not in a box, not in my heart. only coal in my stocking this year.

No comments: