Friday, September 25, 2009

as seen here

walking with purpose (which i do, even when i don't have one, and this will show why) yesterday, i was all dressed up for an interview.

giant black man: you an actress?
me: no

i do not break stride and he starts following me. the sidewalk is crowded with people, both walking and sitting at cafés.

gbm: you in one of them movies they makin' round here?
me: no
gbm: you should be
me: thank you
gbm: why you walkin' so fast? you afraid of black men?
me: no, i have someplace to be and my husband is black
gbm: you married to a brother and he lets you out alone and you so fine?
me: yes
gbm: you ax him if you can have a boyfriend -- i keep you safe when he ain't around.
me: please. leave me alone.
gbm: (yelling) i told you, you afraid of black men!

other black man: leave the lady alone.

and just like that, he finally went away.

No comments: