Thursday, July 08, 2010

child-like pride


when was the last time you got a badge and a certificate for an achievement? i did yesterday, lol. it was a minor accomplishment in the scheme of life and the goal for which it is just the first baby step, but still.

my name was called by a "master" -- one of only 170 in the entire world. he handed both tokens to me and a room full of people were applauding. it felt like winning a spelling bee. my last certification from wset took 6 weeks to arrive via post and just was a form letter congratulating me on passing and asking when i would send my check for the next phase. cold, uh?

there was a squirmy moment at the end, when all the names of those passing had been called and my two co-workers, who also took the exam, were still hanging back, having failed. ouch. however, i am off today, so can avoid the awkwardness and already did some delving about what i will need to know for the next level. it feels good to finally be moving forward, and doing something so few do. good and... dorky, because so few really want to do this. ;)

No comments: