Sunday, August 03, 2008

lifestyles of the very rich, but not necessarily famous

(might be my longest blog title. where's my damn p.a. to check? oh, yeah, not an approved line-item.)

not long ago, i read an article that sales and profits at super-luxury houses like lvmh, burberry, richemont and hermes have soared in the last several quarters. partial credit may go to global brand presence, yet to me this just gives further proof of the rich getting richer everywhere. yeah, the dollar is weak, but phooey on you if your margin so slim. (g'night, bennigan's; hello dubai, you sexy thang.)

i have landed back in the stratosphere, and the irony is not lost. a few days before i starte
d, my employer was putting on a wedding for over $600,000, while i was being helped by my kind attorney (rara avis, si) who reduced his rates to stave off my foreclosure and ruin. this morning we had a small bridal shower, for extra large women, that cost nearly $400 pp. tomorrow we are having a mad political fund-raiser, $30,000 pp for the full monty. it is completely sold-out, yet lots of folks are clamoring for seats.

3 months ago, when my wallet got stolen, i had to roll change to pay my mortgage.

the rich are indeed different than you and me.




No comments: